HOW TO APPLY ONLINE
Thank you for your interest in the York Avenue Preschool. The following are instructions for applying online.
- Applications will be available starting at 8:00 a.m. on Tuesday, September 6th, 2016 for the 2017-2018 school year. Applications are limited.
- The application must be completed at the time of request and a $100.00 fee will be collected by credit card when you submit the application.
- To complete the application, a family photo and a copy of your child's birth certificate must be sent to the admissions office by Friday, October 14th. Please include a brief note sharing your thoughts about your child.
- If applying for financial aid, please note that there is a separate application that can be found at sss.nais.org
- Once these items have been sent, please call the school, at (212) 734-0922 to confirm receipt and to set up a Parent tour.
- Both parents must attend the tour. Tour dates will be available on our website on Tuesday, September 13th. Please note the separate tours for prospective Two's and Three's parents.
- A child playgroup will be set up at the end of the parent tour. The play groups run from November through February. One parent must accompany the child to the playgroup. The play groups are approximately a half hour.
Notifications will be emailed on Wednesday, March 1st. Parents will be required to reply no later than noon on Friday, March 10th. These dates are in accordance with ISAAGNY guidelines.
As for siblings of current or former students, letters will be mailed no later than Friday, January 20th, 2017 and parents are required to reply by Friday, January 27th, no later than noon.
*Parents of siblings are not required to tour the school. However, it is necessary to schedule a child play group by phone.